Sunday 14 March 2010

BLACK BERRY CELL PHONES

I cannot say that I am too far behind in the world of technology, but at the same  that is time, it would be foolhardy to think that I know everything high tech out there. I do not. Because of this, I learn from many sources such as these:

  • My kids who know more than I do when it comes to techs.

  • The internet to update and refresh my knowledge base.

  • Review sites.

  • Blogs.

  • Social network sites.

  • Targeting specific product or thing that I need information on, and using appropriate sources mainly online searches.
Let me now go back to the Blackberry cell phone. I know that it has been around for a while and had this 'affluent group' who saw it as a niche item. Even organisations were not left out giving one to their key employees. It had a premium attached to it.

Suddenly came Mr. (now President) Obama and his Blackberry. Blackberry suddenly seemed to have become a new phenomenom, although it has been around for sometime. But thanks to the Obama factor, BB then took a different turn and became the 'must get' gadget. Even, I am now thinking about getting one. Or ma I too late? And this is where my dilema starts.
One of my kids including most youths I know, have one model of the BB or the other. But they often go for the top of the range.
When I put the word round for advise on which one to go for, I was innundated with loads of suggestions. One of the boys even came to explain to 'uncle' which I should go for and why. He even let me into the secret that they do break down and if you do not have an insurance, you might end up having it crashed and having to buy another. He ofcourse told me that the one year guarantee on the BB would work in the first year. For the following years, you might then call for the insurance back up. However, this needs to be taken at source (point of initial purchase).

It is very easy to understand my naivity when it comes to BB and this must have been very clear from reading this blog and I am not ashamed. However, the point is that this BB product has it advantages. For example the email alert! I am moving on and I need to move with the times and have access to important tools of the business and to be easilly available to me. And anywhere. That is why I think the BB would be my better option. Take note that I have not used the word 'best' for now. Call me conservative?

So before I take the plunge, I am sure that there would be gazellions of people out there who are capable of providing their views, call it reviews based on their experiences. It is these people I want to tag into this blog to share their experiences of BB whether good or bad. Below are a list of various BBs. This is helpful as a reference source. Pick on the one you have or have used and let me have your experiencial opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers